RPG MAKER VX Tutorials
RPG Maker VX Tutorial Series
There seems to be a good number of people embarking on creating their first RPGs with RPG Maker VX software. Many of them may find themselves wondering, “Now that I’ve bought the software, where do I start?” We’ve created this introductory course to answer just that question. We’ll walk you through creating a simple RPG game with RPG Maker and introduce you to many of its features. If you’re considering purchasing RPG Maker, then please take a few minutes to read over this course to get a feel of what it’s like to work with RPG Maker.
- Step 1: Creating a Story Line.
- Step 2: Setting Up a New Project.
- Step 3: Preparing to Draw Maps.
- Step 4: Drawing Maps.
- Step 5: Testing Maps.
- Step 6: Creating the Good King's Castle.
- Step 7: Using Quick Event Creation (Transfer).
- Step 8: Talking with the King.
- Step 9: Organize Events with Switches.
- Step 10: Enhancing Events with Event Page.
- Step 11: Creating an Original Main Character.
- Step 12: Bringing your Initial Party Together.
- Step 13: Creating Minato Port.
- Step 14: Using the Map Tree.
- Step 15: Creating Doors with Quick Events.
- Step 16: Creating Villagers.
- Step 17: Creating the Inn.
- Step 18: Creating the Weapon Shop.
- Step 19: Creating the Item Shop.
- Step 20: Creating Villagers.
- Step 21: Recruiting Teammates.
- Step 22: Considering the Flow of Events.
- Step 23: Linking the Boat Event.
- Step 24: Using the Terrain to Guide Player Movement
- Step 25: Using the Generate Dungeon Function.
- Step 26: Quick Event Creation - Treasure Chest
- Step 27: Understanding Self Switches
- Step 28: Preparing the Locked Door
- Step 29: Creating the Locked Door Event
- Step 30: Placing a Key in a Treasure Chest
- Step 31: Constructing the Airship Event
- Step 32: Creating a Yes/No Player Option
- Step 33: Planning the Lair
- Step 34: Drawing the Dungeon Map
- Step 35: Setting Traps
- Step 36: Outlining the Puzzle
- Step 37: Using Variables
- Step 38: Playtest Functions
- Step 39: Using Control Characters
- Step 40: Outlining the Puzzle Part 2
- Step 41: Variables in Use
- Step 42: Monster Settings (Parameter Curve)
- Step 43: Monster Settings (Actions Patterns)
- Step 44: Troop Settings
- Step 45: Encounters Settings
- Step 46: Setting up the Boss
- Step 47: Creating a Battle Event
- Step 48: The Battle Processing Event Command
- Step 49: Setting the Ending
- Step 50: How to Create Autorun Events
- In Closing
- Different Points for Different Maps
- A Collection of Ready-to-Use Maps
Bonus Online Tutorials:
1. Change Font
- Nate Benton the creator of "Fated Haven" has written a detailed tutorial that will help you create your own tricky statue puzzles.Click here to download the statue sprite sheet.
Last Updated: 2011.11.24